Friday, December 2, 2011

PSoC3 Custom Board - Improved

I was fortunate enough to get a few tips and suggestions from the gurus at Cypress who created the CY8CKIT-030(High Precision Analog being one of its key features),which is an epitome of top class design,for me.So,to have my board reviewed by them really thrilled me.

I have tried to incorporate their suggestions,and heres the latest batch of changes:

--Added additional vias between the top and bottom layers to improve return paths.
--Crystal routing improved(Capacitors on same side,traces shorter).
--Added reverse polarity protection diode across Unregulated DC Input(VIN).
--Added Fuse to USB supply.
--Added LED for Bootloader Status.
--Widened Power tracks for better stability.
--Differential Routing for SWD and USB tracks.
--Changed back to Type B USB connector,easier to solder.

And here are the design files(linked up from my post at DangerousPrototypes).

Back to exam prep.

2 comments: